Saturday, January 30, 2010

Keep Praying For Penny

Gretchen and I are in Ohio. Penny is in a significant amount of pain. They doubled her morphine intake a few hours ago. We had a special moment in her room. When I went in to see her she was sleeping so I sat next to her and grabbed her hand. At this point, after holding it in for about 2 weeks, I kind of lost it and cried a little. Penny woke up, looked over at me, and said in an annoyed voice, "Geez Jamie. Stop it." Ahhh - even in her final moments I can still find a way to annoy her like I did for so many years growing up. I love Penny so much. Keep praying! They are trying to get her medicine at a place where her pain can level off.

Thanks for all of your support! I really appreciate it.

This is a pic of Penny's family from earlier in 2009.

3 comments:

Full of JOY said...

Have been and will continue to pray!!! "I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Heidi said...

Praying! Our hope is in Him!

Marcia said...

Praying....