Friday, March 12, 2010

Heading to Germany

It has been one month today since Penny lost her battle with cancer. This last month has been one of ups and downs, hope and honestly a little despair. But I am thankful to God for being right here with my family and me. He has made Himself known through His children. I can't tell you how encouraged I am by the great friends I'm blessed to know.

Gretchen and I are leaving for Germany today. We are hooking up with our friends Eric & Lisa Beavers in Atlanta and then flying together to Dusseldorf. So when most of you are putting your heads down for a good night's rest, it will be 8:00 am in Germany (hello jet lag). We will also be joined in Germany by our friend Dan Occhiogrosso from Ball for Lives. The five of us will travel to Dorsten, Berlin, and Vilseck joining in with the churches of our American friends Rob Stearns, Kristi Walker, and Duane & Daylin Beach. Lisa & Eric will be doing some music (concerts, church stuff), Gretchen will be teaching kids, and Occhy and I will be speaking.

I think this trip will be good for me in many ways. I am looking forward to traveling to Europe with Gretchen. She has never been outside of North America. I look forward to seeing new friends I met during my first trip to Germany in 2008. I anticipate great times with old friends as well.

We will try to post pictures and updates on our Consumed Ministrieswebsite so feel free to check things our there. If not, I'm sure Gretchen and I will have pictures on our blog.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Praying for you guys.

Kylene Bak said...

hope you guys have a great trip. so exciting for gretchen. and what a great adventure for you guys to take together. i have been praying for you guys since the loss of your sister.
if you have time you can always come up here if any plans change. or maybe next time.
smiles from denmark,
gobbs

Alisa said...

Taking a trip to Italy helped me process a lot and sort of "recover" from life for a while. I hope your trip does the same for you and Gretchen! Praying for you.