Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Connect Four Fact

I admit that Gretchen is much smarter than I am. I frequently ask her for grammar and spelling tips. She breezed through school while I struggled immensely at times. But there is one area I master her in - CONNECT FOUR (abs). Not that we play connect four all that often but there is a fact I would like to share with you - In 13 years of marriage she has NEVER (abs), ZERO (abs) beat me.

This evening I saw the girls had connect four out. I played Tori & Isabelle a few times and then offered them a bet. I told them that I would play mama connect four and if she beat me just once in five games I would buy them a frosty. But if mama didn't beat me one time in five games then they would have to accept the terms of my bet. Of course they accepted this offer. Why wouldn't they? What are the odds that their father, who isn't as smart as their mama, could beat their mama five times in a row. Well after five games lets just say I will be expecting a back rub from Ponsi and pancakes from Tori on Thursday morning when Gretchen goes to work.

I officially end my gloating!