Monday, October 18, 2010

October thoughts...

Just a few things...

Dead Sea Scrolls - The Science Museum in St. Paul has had a Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit for the last several weeks. There is only two weeks left. This past Friday evening Gretchen and I took the girls. I was very impressed with this exhibit and I strongly encourage you to go if at all possible. Tickets are a little pricey but if you can afford it or can locate cheaper tickets you should go. They have plenty of things to look at and it the exhibit includes a self guided audio tour for both children and adults. The exhibit became a spiritual experience for me and I found myself in awe of God once again as I looked at these ancient pieces of Scriptural texts.

A conversation with Mace - Macie turns four today. Of course Gretchen has some some pics on her blog. Last night she was sitting on the couch with me while I was working on my laptop. She saw a picture of Penny from this summer's Relay for Life and this conversation took place:

Macie: Look dad. It's Aunt Penny. Lydie's mom.
Me: Yes it is Mace. I really miss Aunt Penny.
Macie: But Aunt Penny died. Dad, when people die they do this (Macie lays down and remains very still).
Me: I know that is what her body does Macie. But we can be happy because we know that Penny's soul is now with Jesus.
Macie: But dad, we need to go get Aunt Penny and bring her back to her house.
Me: We can't do that Macie. She is with Jesus now and we just have to do our best to remember the times we had with Aunt Penny until we go to see Jesus and see her again.

It always amazes me at the conversations you can have with kids. I am glad my little girl knows her Aunt Penny!

1 comment:

Full of JOY said...

I can't believe you are having conversations like that with Mace! What a very sweet story.