Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer can officially begin!



This picture may mean nothing to you but to me...mmm mmm goodness! I grew up in Ohio eating stadium mustard. Since I left for college I have not been home all that often. So for me to throughly enjoy my BBQ goodness I am reliant upon my wonderful mother to ship me my personal stash of the world's finest mustard. I have grilled about four times so far this spring without my beloved mustard. I would squeeze and squeeze my empty bottle with nothing but air and dirty mustard water leaving the spout. But today all that changed when my precious condiments arrived in the mail. When I opened up the package it took me about 2 seconds to know what I would be eating this evening.

So here I sit typing this blog post as my Johnsonville brats are cooking to my left. I will feast this evening! For those of you that are interested, stadium mustard ranks much higher than Banana Nut Cheerios in my love of foods. Stadium mustard actually cannot be compared to any cereal or other foods. It is an enhancer of all things grilled (minus steak). So in those comparisons I rank my beloved stadium mustard above all condiments. Higher than any BBQ sauce, fancy ketchup, or poser of a mustard that dares rival the tangy slash spicy goodness of this authentic brown mustard.

I have been known to hide my beloved treasure when guests come over for BBQ's. I would secretly doctor up my brat while only putting inferior mustards on the table. I also used to not allow my girl's to use my supply. I felt as if they did not fully appreciate what their little taste buds were experiencing. Recently I have changed my ways. Gretchen has helped me see the complete selfishness of such acts (although I closely monitor the girls usage). So if you are over for a BBQ this summer, feel free to use what you need. My mom will keep me supplied and life will continue on smoothly.

Time to eat!

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Let the grilling begin, I'm ready for some awesome brats with stadium mustard!

Phil said...

We are glad we can make your summer! Can we count this as your birthday?

Full of JOY said...

In all these years, you've hoarded your mustard stash away from me. I'm hurt.