Monday, February 7, 2011

One Year !?!

I can't really believe it has been one year since I wrote THISPOST (scroll down to the final one with the date February 7). That ended up being the last time I saw Penny alive. I tried my best to get home later that week when her health failed rapidly but I was about 4 hours too late. This past week I have thought a lot about my time in Ohio those 8 days In many ways I saw Penny slowly exiting this life. There were great moments amongst the sorrow and aguish. I treasured every night Katie, mom & dad, Polly & Tim, and Dustin & I would sit in the living room with Penny. I am not sure she had any idea we were all there but we gained strength from each other just being together. A lot has changed this year but one thing has not - God is still as faithful today as He was 12 months ago. I praise Him for that.

In other news...

Life here in MN is grand. The girls continue to get bigger. As you have most likely read from Gretchen's Blog our family did get a Wii. This does provide a source of entertainment and trash talking. Yes...I trash talk to my 9 and 8 year old in Wii tennis. Tori and I have quite the rivalry. She beats me occasionally and gets cocky. Then I have to silence her with my wicked forehand.

I am in the midst of a p90x adventure which means I am doing things like kickboxing and yoga for the first time. That is a sight to see I am sure. I will spare you the before and after pics. Not sure if they will look all that different anyway. Gretchen enjoys mocking me as our fearless leader Tony Horton yells random statements like "it's p90x" and "bring it" about 75 times per video.

Oh...in case you haven't noticed OSU's basketball team is #1 in the country and the only remaining undefeated team. They are an exciting team to watch. They really have it all - post play, outside shooting, veteran leadership, exchangeable defensive players, and a hunger to win. I am hoping for a deep run into the tournament.

1 comment:

Full of JOY said...

I was thinking about Penny and you all a lot, especially over Valentines Day.